<div class="news_item">#389<div class="news_title">Word of the day: Vulcanize
Posted by dandriff on Monday September 14, 2009@08:25AM
- undergo vulcanization; "vulcanize rubber"
- Vulcanization or vulcanisation refers to a specific curing process of rubber involving high heat and the addition of sulfur or other equivalent curatives. ...
- To treat rubber with heat and (usually) sulphur to harden it and make it more durable
- vulcanized - cured: (used of rubber) treated by a chemical or physical process to improve its properties (hardness and strength and odor and elasticity)
- vulcanization - process of treating rubber or rubberlike materials with sulphur at great heat to improve elasticity and strength or to harden them
- vulcanization - A process by which rubber is hardened using heat and sulphur
- vulcanization - an irreversible process during which a rubber compound through a change in its chemical structure (for example: cross-linking) becomes less plastic and more resistant to swelling by organic liquids and elastic properties are conferred, improved, or extended over a greater range of temperature.
- To improve the strength, resiliency, and freedom from stickiness and odor of rubber, for example, by combining with sulfur or other additives in ...
- The process of treating crude or synthetic rubber with heat and pressure to give it useful properties, such as elasticity, strength and stability.
- vulcanization - in plastics, a chemical reaction where the physical properties of an elastomer are changed by causing it to react with sulfur or other cross-linking agent; (2) ceramics, the formation of a liquid phase that upon cooling becomes a glass bonding matrix.